The windows 10 command prompt is a command-line also known as interpreter application that is usually present in most of the Windows operating systems. The purpose is to execute the entered command, further, the cmd windows 10 is specified for automating tasks via script & batch files.
The command prompt reacts as troubleshoot shooter or we can say a problem solver to many other windows issued by giving the advanced performance of administrative functions i.e., How to access command prompt windows 10.
7 Ways to Open the Command Prompt in Windows 10
The command prompt helps to do things very fast comparatively from the work done through a graphic interface. It also has a variety of tools that are not available in the graphic interface.
Command prompt shortcuts make the ninja spirit of all kinds of the keyboard more powerful. Dos prompt in windows 10 is not everyone’s cup of tea to open the command prompt hotkey.
Command prompt to be opened from Windows +X Power Users Menu
- Press Windows +X after that the power user menu will be visible open.
- Once the menu opens click on “Command Prompt”
Note-: If you are not able to find the command prompt option on the power user menu than there is PowerShell option available that indicates that the creators have updated Windows 10.
Command prompt to be opened from Task manager
- You need to go to the task manager.
- Open the “file” menu & select the “Run New Task.”
- After selecting the run new task type cmd or cmd.exe & then go to the ok button.
- Once you click “OK” the regular command prompt will get open on your screen.
- You can also “tick” the small box beside “administrative privileges to create a task, to open the command prompt as administrator.
Command Prompt to be opened in Admin Mode
- Open the “File” menu & hold on the CTRL key when you click on “Run New Task.”
- After clicking the run new task the command prompt will get open with admin privileges.
Open Command Prompt windows 10 from a start Menu Search
- Click on the Cortana’s search field near microphone icon & say “Launch Command Prompt”
- Else click the start tab & then type “cmd” in the search box.
- To open with administrative privileges the command prompt, proceed with the result by the right-click.
- Move the cursor to “Run as Administrator.”
- Highlight a result with the cursor & click the Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
Command Prompt to be open by scrolling Through the Start Menu
- Select the start button, go down by scrolling & maximize the “Window System” folder.
- After doing the maximize of window system you have to click on “Command Prompt.”
- Once you clicked to command prompt it will get open with administrative privileges.
- On windows, 10 cmd prompt give a right-click & select “Run as administrator.”
Command Prompt to be open from File Explorer
- Open the File Explorer by proceeding to the navigation.
- The navigation is c: \windows \System32 folder.
- Further, Double click the “cmd.exe” or give a right-click to the file & choose “Run as administrator.”
Open Command Prompt from the Run Box
- To open the Run Box you need to press +R.
- After pressing +R you type “cmd” & then proceed for the “OK” button for the opening of regular command prompt.
- Type “cmd” & at the same time, press Ctrl + Shift + Enter for command prompt administrator.
The command prompt is the way to recognize the troubleshoot and has various ways to get open in Windows 10. The user will have the various category to open a windows command prompt, it ensures if the system is working on the proper data or not.