There are various websites that spread viruses, contain explicit content and try to steal information and data, which one should definitely block. Avoiding such a website is fine but its much better to block them. Sometimes it is important to block such websites like facebook, twitter, and others to avoid distraction.
Block sites can be quickly edited and given permissions to unblock websites. And, while defining password protection, anyone using your computer could open any other web browser to get around the block.
Block website in google chrome
In google chrome, one can directly block a page or the whole website very easily. Given below are the steps to follow to block the website or a page. There are various extensions that allow you to block the sites.
Given below are the steps to follow to block a site on chrome in desktop.
- Open chrome web store
- visite google chrome extension site
- Now click on the add to chrome
- Now install the google chrome extension by clicking on the
- After that, you will be directed to the confirmation page
- Now go to the Chrome menu
- Now go to the customize and control chrome
- Click on the extensions from the menu
- Click on the option add block sites
- Now add the website which you want to block
Given below are the steps to follow to block the site on chrome on android phone.
- Open google play store
- Now install any block site app
- Now enable the permission in your device to access the block site app
- Click on the add sites option
- Now add the site which you want to block
Pros of blocking a website
There are various pros of blocking a particular page or a website through which one can mark themselves safe from the different harmful sites on the internet. Blocking the site provide safety, security, and privacy there is a various website which harms in many ways like stealing the data and much more. Given below are the major pros of blocking websites.
- By blocking such website, the productivity of the work increases
- Blocking chat room is full of advantages, it also has viruses
- Illegal trading could also stop by blocking websites
- Blocking is flexible in nature, if you blocked a site by mistake you can unblock it
Cons of blocking a website
Various educational and other such websites are available and blocking such an informative website is a loss. Given below are the major cons of blocking a website.
- Blocking websites or applying filters limit the search result.
- It behaves as a barrier to learn
Website blockers have vulnerabilities or workaround somewhere, they are not a substitute for real-time monitoring. Time limit can be set on blocked sites and it allows you to do things like blocking a specific website (e.g., YouTube) during work hours on Monday through Friday (or something similar).