Web pages are generally documents for the read-only as most of the people have given their reviews, but today we will going to tell you the possibility of editing the content of a web page directly with the help of your browser. The instruction will make the way easy to the editing of content for any web page by enacting the Developer Tools in use.
The developer tool is only visible in the browsers that include Firefox and safari as well. Here is the masterstroke in your hand as an opportunity to play with phrases as you want!! It does not exist in Chrome.
- Go to Chrome Browser.
- Now on the web page select the text you want to edit.
- Proceeding to the text selection click the right button of the mouse.
- Now Select Inspect Element In the contextual menu.
- Proceeding further you will get visible to the developer tool in the lower half of your browser.
- Select the corresponding DOM element.
- After that, you need to double click on the node that is chosen, and the edit mode will be on.
- Now the text which is selected replaces it with any other phrase.
- Further, you need to click outside of the developer tools window on the chrome to apply changes.
- The tool technique is helpful when you want to do a couple of instant edits, but if you are looking for many more edits on a web page, there is another better approach.
How to save the changes on the web page
The saving procedure is just not easy, you may wish that you can simply hit the save button to the edits you made. In case your website is hosted by page cloud, so you can easily use the developer tools of browser to keep the changes permanently on any web pages.
You need to keep in mind that only the local version can be modified on your device and you cannot actually rewrite on the server anything, this will help just in a preview of simple changes to the web pages.
As you understood the editing of web page can make the work easy in many terms, but you should also keep the note that the editing of the web page remains on the temporary basis once you closed the browser and open it the editing will disappear and you will get to see the same as before, so to overcome this scenario you can take a screenshot when you complete with the editing or nay phrases that you replaced on web page.