Here you will get each and every information about how to lock your windows 10 PC. For security reasons, there are certain situations in which you want to lock your computer instead of logging out. You don’t need to save your work if you lock window PC 10, you can lock by the given various methods. Given below are the various methods to lock window 10 pc.
Locking your Windows 10 PC is the same as protecting your confidential document, client’s information and much more. Before locking the window 10 PC, you should set the pin or password for security purposes. Without a password and pin locking a PC is not that much worthful.
1) Lock PC automatically through the screen saver (when you’re on inactive mode)
It is one of the simplest ways to lock window 10 pc, although there are various other hacks to lock pc. Given below are the easiest step to follow to lock windows 10.
- Open control panel.
- Search for the screen saver.
- Click on the change screen saver.
- Now select a screen saver from blank, mystify, photos and others.
- Now change the wait time period to lock your window 10 PC.
- You can see the demo by clicking on the preview.
- Now click on apply to change the setting.
- Click on ok to close the screen saver.
Note: You need to set pin or password for logging in to the PC, so that when you set your pc to lock automatically you just need to enter the pin or password.
2) Windows+ key L
If you have already setten up the password and you want to lock your pc for a while then this the best method to go for. By pressing windows key and key L together you will be directed to the login page. So that you can unlock it by logging in through password or the pin.
3) Start Button -> Lock
- Go to the start button.
- You will get the three icons there on the left corner side.
- Click on the top icon among the three.
- Now you will get the three options to change icon setting, lock, and sign out.
- Go for lock options.
- Now your window 10 pc hs been locked.
You can also use this for signing out the PC and to change the settings of the PC.
Control plus alt is the best combination for locking the window 10 pc. It does not only let you lock the PC but at the same time it gives various options, like Switch user, Sign out, through this one can easily change the password or the pin. ctrl + alt + delete is also best for the task manager.